Maria C. Barall assists clients in the areas of family law and custody, residential and commercial real estate, foreclosure litigation, estate planning, and probate administration. Now in her 20th year of practicing law, Attorney Barall is experienced at handling financially and emotionally complicated divorces and delicate custody matters. Part of her practice is also devoted to mediation. She is also regularly appointed by the courts as Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) and Attorney for Minor Child (AMC).
Attorney Barall was appointed by the Connecticut General Assembly to serve as a member of the Commission for Child Support Guidelines. The CCSG writes the Child Support and Arrearage Guidelines regulations for the Judicial System. The guidelines and child support worksheet provide for uniformity of interpretation by lawyers, judges, child support agencies, and the public. She was honored to be a member of this commission and served with distinction.
Attorney Barall belongs to the Hartford County Bar Association where she serves as an active member of the Family Law Committee. She is also a member of the Connecticut Bar Association and Manchester Bar Association. Attorney Barall is a graduate of Bryant University and Western New England School of Law.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate
- Foreclosure Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Probate Administration
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
Honors and Awards
- "2014 Pro Bono Honor Roll" awarded by the Connecticut Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Manchester Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Hartford County Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Member
- Commission for Child Support Guidelines, Member