Manchester Car Accident Attorneys
Compassionate representation for car crash victims and their families
Car accidents are an everyday part of life that we’ve all come to accept. The accidents that hurt the most are those you don’t easily bounce back from when someone has been negligent.
Negligence – failure to act with the reasonable duty of care shown by an ordinary, prudent person – is a legal term at the root of all tortious acts that cause personal injuries. When someone’s negligence causes you to become injured, you could be entitled to recover damages in the form of compensation.
Being injured in a car accident can mean many months of your life being spent in pain that affects you and everyone close to you. It isn’t fair and you can’t take a day off from the frustration. The Manchester car accident attorneys of Barry, Barall & Spinella, LLC know that you need help and will work hard to secure the compensation you deserve.
Common causes of motor vehicle accidents
While some cities may have higher statistics for certain types of motor vehicle accidents, the general causes tend to be universal no matter where you live or travel.
- Drunk driving. Drivers impaired by alcohol or drugs injure 30 people every hour and kill 29 people per day in the United States. The legal limit for blood alcohol content in Connecticut is .08. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, alcohol related crash fatalities are much higher in Connecticut than the national average.
- Drowsy driving. About 4 percent of drivers over the age of 18 have reported falling asleep behind the wheel. Late afternoon and between midnight and 6 am are the times of day that drivers are at the highest risk for dozing off. Falling asleep while operating a motor vehicle has unpredictable consequences due to the fact that a driver lacks any awareness or ability to regain control of the situation before it’s too late.
- Failure to yield. In 2016, 29 percent of pedestrian deaths related to car accidents were due to a failure to yield a right-of-way. Following the rules of the road can be scary. You have to rely on other drivers to pay attention and in failure to yield accidents, the injury victim typically hits the driver who didn’t stop and look.
- Distracted driving. Texting, eating, talking on handheld phones, applying makeup, reading emails - none of these things should be done in a car, and all of these things take a driver’s attention off the road.
- Reckless driving. Excessive speeding, tailgating, illegal passing and weaving in and out of traffic are just some examples of driving tactics that show a blatant disregard for the safety of others on the road. These activities not only yield a costly fine, but can cause deadly car accidents.
If you were hurt in a car accident that someone else caused, speak with the Manchester car accident attorneys at Barry, Barall & Spinella, LLC to discuss your best legal options for receiving the highest financial reward possible. We are here to help you in your greatest time of need.
It would be difficult to completely eliminate car accidents because human error will always play a part, however eliminating accidents due to negligence can be dramatically reduced. Unfortunately, car accidents are still a very realistic fact of life - and death.
The proof is in the numbers:
- Over 50 percent of all traffic fatalities are suffered by people ages 15 to 44
- Drivers account for 50 percent of all traffic deaths
- A driver only needs to be distracted for 3 seconds to cause a collision
- Reading or sending a text takes an average of 5 seconds
- Distracted driving killed 3,166 people in 2017
Truck accidents, single vehicle accidents, multi-car collisions, and motorcycle crashes happen with regularity, and the devastation the victims and their families are left with is unfathomable. Dangerous roadways in Manchester are not in short supply:
- I-84 with 788 crashes
- Route 83 with 653 crashes
- Buckland Street with 394 crashes
- Route 6 with 384 crashes
- Route 30 with 380 crashes
If you have become another car accident statistic, talk with us to see how we can help you make a claim for damages for medical bills, vehicle damage, and other expenses in a personal injury claim.
Injuries resulting from car accidents
Almost a decade ago, auto accident-related medical care and employer productivity losses exceeded $99 billion in the United States alone. It’s a staggering figure that only increases with the uptick in motor vehicle accidents. More drivers on the road, more distractions that take away your ability to be proactive, less time to react: all equate to higher crash rates.
When you become injured in a car accident, you and your family may have to cope with:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Organ damage
- Broken bones
- Whiplash injuries
- Lacerations and bruising
- Scarring and disfigurement
Legal representation that makes a difference
A car accident that you didn’t cause shouldn’t interrupt your life, but it will. Our attorneys understand the frustration of personal injury victims who feel trapped between needing to get better and having to survive in the real world where creditors don’t wait. Barry, Barall & Spinella, LLC is here to help you relieve the pressure caused by someone else’s negligence. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Manchester or Hartford car accident, call our office at 860-649-4400 or reach out to us through our contact page today to schedule your free case consultation. We’re located right off I-84 or I-384 in Manchester.